A little something different this week, my recommendations for those days you just want to binge on some shows.
1. 3% – This is a Brazilian dystopian thriller I found while perusing Netflix. It’s a Netflix original with one season but, has been picked up for at least a second.
The story is set in the future where the world is divided into two parts: The Offshore and the Inland. The Inland is a world of devastation and want. The Offshore is a world of affluence and progress. At the age of 20 you are given the chance to go to the Offshore but, you have to do a series of tests called the Process. Only 3% of the candidates are allowed to go through to the Offshore. There is one stipulation. I’m not going to tell you what it is.
I would give this show 5 stars, but I can’t. It gets a 4.5. The reason for the .5 loss is that the voice over actors are not the best. They should not have dubbed English over.
2. The 100 – This is another series I found on Netflix. The first three seasons are on Netflix, the fourth just began airing on Feb. 1, 2017 on CW. It is a science fiction post-apoc series.
The story is set in the future after a nuclear war on earth. The only survivors were those on the twelve space stations orbiting the earth. The twelve stations join together, both figuratively and literally, in what became known as the Ark.. It is found out that the life support systems on the Ark are about to become useless so, 100 criminals, all under the age of 18, are sent to earth to see if it is viable to live on. The series follows both the story of the 100 and the story of those left on the Ark.
I give it 5 stars. Excellent story line. Very well acted.
3. Travelers – Brad Wright, that’s all I should have to say to science fiction fans. This is also a Netflix original. There is one season but, the second season begins filming next month.
Long story short, operatives, known as travelers, are sent back in time to stop the collapse of society in the future. Their conscientiousness is sent back and put into the body an existing 21st century person. They must maintain the lives of people who they take over so they don’t attract attention.
It’s a Brad Wright show, 5 stars.
4. Dark Matter – A Syfy entry. There are two seasons with a third set to come out sometime this year.
Six people wake up on a spaceship, the Raza, with no memory of who they are. Naming themselves One through Six, the order in which they woke up, they go about figuring out what the heck is going on.
4.5 stars. Great story line. Great acting, if a little over done at times.
5. Firefly- If you don’t know what this show is, I don’t know if we can be friends.
That’s my list. If you have shows you think are binge worthy, comment below.